What is a Doula?
Doula is a birth companion who acts as an emotional tranquillizer for the labouring woman and her partner.
Birth Doula is mainly a woman supporting a woman and her partner at birth as she has been through childbirth or a trained birth professional who is familiar with the hospital procedure and birth process.
She supports expectant moms and her husband/partner in various aspects including and not limited to the following: help you to navigate the Singapore hospitals system so that you know what to expect in labour and birth.
Address your concerns about labour and after birth care, and help you to expand your understanding of the natural process of birth
Assist you in organising your thought and create a Birth Plan that suits your needs
Help the labouring mother to relax mind and body through special breathing techniques, relaxation techniques, light touch suggest ways to achieve an unmedicated birth
Suggesting positioning and repositioning
Assist you to welcome your baby gently into this strange new world
Doula Service Package $1800
- Serve by a team of two Birth Doulas/HypnoBirthing Educator (only One Doula attend your birth)
- A total of 4 private consultations ( 2 prenatal and 2 postnatal home visits)
- Options: Use prenatal private consultation for Labour Tools or Calming Baby Newborn Care group classes
- Labour and birth support in the hospital
- 24 hours on call starts from two weeks before your estimated birth date
- Unlimited support through phone and email
- Good Beginnings Body Therapy for mother and baby after birth to release stress/trauma from the event of birth
Deluxe Doula Package $2500
- Includes all the services in the Doula Service Package
- HypnoBirthing Childbirth Education – Group Classes
- Private home consultation during labour
- Guide couples to find their comfort in relaxation, troubleshoot to help labour progress
- Provide information on childbirth