Labour Tools for Husband/Partner
What is the best birth preparation class for partner?
Husband wants to be useful in labour but feels helpless and often does not know what and how to help.
So Let’s turn helplessness into usefulness. After all, it is teamwork. Labour Tools is an active birth method of an advanced prenatal class. It is designed for new parents and experienced couples to learn useful tools that Doulas would use in your upcoming birth.
Childbirth is Teamwork
The role of the labouring woman is to relax and give birth. The role of the baby is to rotate to an optimal position for birth. The role of the husband/partner is to protect his family, support his woman in labour. Husband or daddy plays an integral role in ensuring the labouring mother during labour feels supported and comfortable.
In this active childbirth class, you will build your confidence and skills using various labour tools and techniques. You and your partner will learn how to enjoy your birth in the following area:
- Labour coping tools and techniques with Selendang, Birth Ball and other Birthing Tools
- Trouble shooting for labour progress. Identify baby’s position, signs that require repositioning.
- Provide space in the pelvis to assist the baby to rotate into an optimal labour and birth position
- Various maternal labour and birth positions for an easier and effective birth
- Partner massage, acupressure points to enhance relaxation-promote body’s production of endorphins and oxytocin to speed up labour
- Body alignment techniques to balance the muscles and ligaments in the pelvis as a quick fix in labour.
Please bring along shawls if you have one for practice in the class or purchase one selendang/shawl of 2.4m in length for $15.
Date: Sunday, 29 January / 5 March
Venue: Bliss Shala Home Studio, 648 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5 Singapore 560648
Cost: Single lesson @ $200 or $300 private class at home