If you’ve already had a cesarean birth (also called c-section), you may be able to have your next baby vaginally. This is called vaginal birth after cesarean (also called VBAC). You may be able to have a VBAC if your pregnancy is healthy and the incision (cut) in your last c-section was low transverse.
If you had a previous cesarean, family planning is essential for a better health in you and your baby.
- Plan your pregnancy. A pregnancy gap of at least 18 months and above is ideal if you wish to attempt VBAC
- Release fear of repeated cesarean, self-doubt, mental preparation, and exercises to improve flexibility in the hips.
- Take natural childbirth classes that provide relaxation training for both you and your partner such as HypnoBirthing-The Mongan Method
- Finding your team of support including a VBAC friendly doctor. Hire a Birth Doula to support you if your partner isn’t ready to support you
- Don’t forget to bond with your baby
- Watch HypnoBirthing Birth Videos on How to Achieve Natural Birth
- Believe you can!